When this happened, I posted it on Facebook, but I just realized that I never did post it here. It is most definitely a story worth remembering....
For Christmas this past year, the only thing I really asked for was a new computer bag. I had a few requirements.... black and lots of pockets.
When I opened a package on Christmas morning, I was surprised to see it.... but then again I wasn't. My sweet hubs goes out of his way to give me the things that I ask for. It was awesome... Just what I wanted... black, relaxed straps (I hate stiff straps on things that I carry on my shoulder), lots of pockets...inside and out! I love, love, love it!!!
Then I opened it up to look inside (because sometimes he surprises me with other gifts inside of gifts). There was a plastic grocery sack inside. I looked at him and smiled sweetly and kind of flirtatiously, thinking he had bought me some jewelry or something like that...
... He smiled back with a puzzled and confused look on his face.
I pulled out the bag and opened it up to find a rather LARGE sports bra and a beaded chain for granny glasses.....
Totally NOT what I was expecting!!!
He looked at me and said, "What is that?"....
I replied, "I don't know YOU tell ME".....
Apparently when he AND the clerk at the store looked in the bag, they thought that was just the paper packing that sometimes comes in a hand bag and neither of them bothered to look inside.
I could NOT pass up the opportunity to return the bra and the granny glasses chain the next day and inform them that my husband accidently gave me a stolen bra for Christmas.
The clerks could not believe that I wanted to just return it and not ask for a gift card or something in return.
It was one of those moments when doing the right thing made for an awesome story!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment