Pages

Welcome

" Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Friday, April 13, 2012

Rebellion

For some reason I am having trouble focusing
 on the lesson I am supposed to be preparing for Sunday!
I keep getting distracted by other life changing ideas...
Maybe I am somehow supposed to incorporate those ideas into my lesson...
Hmmmmm????
Well today's idea... for future ponderance is found in 
The Book of Mormon
Alma 23:7
This is talking about a group of people who were fighting against the people of God,
until they were finally converted.
"For they became a righteous people; they did lay down the weapons of their rebellion, that they did not fight against God any more,
neither against any of their brethren."
(emphasis added)
I have been thinking a lot about this and making a mental list of the weapons
that I personally use to rebel against God and the things that I should be doing.
It's like that saying about hanging on to your favorite sin, 
but otherwise doing all the right things.
I think I need to make a list of all the little things that I do each day to be rebellious 
and then one by one, lay those weapons down and 
make a promise NOT to pick them up again....
EVER!
I think that is what it means to be truly converted. 
We need to give up those things that hold us back...
Those things that we use as a wall to shut out other people
 and even God from our lives.
When we open ourselves up and let other people and God love us, 
we no longer need those weapons and the shields that we have clung to 
like a security blanket.
Ok... short and sweet today....
I need to think about this one some more...
a LOT more!

No comments:

Post a Comment