When my kids were little.... very little....like back when dirt-was-young little and I only had one child in school, he rode the bus to school.
My other child at the time, who shall remain nameless...hehehe..... liked to pretend that she was old enough to go to school. During the day, when big brother was at school, she would play "school" and she had imaginary teachers and imaginary friends and rode an imaginary bus.
One day, my nephew was babysitting them for me, while I was doing whatever I was doing...
TBH, it very well could have just been a sanity break disguised as something worthy of leaving my children in the care of a teenage boy....
He liked to play "boy" things with the kids and do things like wrestle. Sometimes when boys are "wrestling", they accidentally touch each other in inappropriate places. Not on purpose and certainly not with any vulgar intent...it just happens.
I got home and took my nephew home and dropped him off and on the way back to our house, older brother decides to enlighten me about what they did while I was gone...
uh, huh....ok.... ya....that's sounds like fun..... I was only half listening......until......
He tells me that while they were wrestling, my nephew "grabbed his balls...."
I explained that I was sure he did not do it on purpose and that I didn't think that it was anything bad that he needed to really worry too much about.
Then it happened!!!
Remember the imaginary school bus?
Keep in mind, I am operating a motor vehicle while this convo is taking place......
My nameless child with the vivid imagination, informs me that "yesterday, on the school bus...."
(this would be the imaginary one)
"...someone tried to grab HER balls too."
I said, "(insert her name), you don't have any".
Her response...without missing a beat....
"I KNOW... HE TOOK THEM"
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
In case you are wondering, I was able to safely navigate the vehicle to the side of the road long enough for me to finish laughing and dry the tears that were rolling down my cheeks.
After that, no more imaginary school. We have tried to only have real friends from that point on...
that is..until Facebook was invented.... now we are back to having imaginary friends again :)
No comments:
Post a Comment